I’m so out of sorts this weekend. I completely forgot to set some goals for myself this month. In my defense, I did work two extra days this week, and I’m on antibiotics for the second time this year. What’s even worse is the fact that my allergies are killing me for the fourth time this year. Seriously, the antibiotics were for the sinus pressure and sore throat; now I just can’t stop sneezing. I’m going to blame the mold I encountered in a rick of firewood yesterday at work.
So, for March, I’d like to accomplish a few things.
- Self-care. As I mentioned, I’m sick. Again. Already. And I re-injured my hip yesterday, tripping over a cross-tie at work. I’m also just feeling mentally and emotionally frazzled: lack of major progress on the house, Sunshine has been spending lots of time out of town, I just had a belly-button birthday, I’m closing in on my clean date (13 years, who would have believed it 13 years ago?), and my old shoulder/neck injuries are rearing their ugly heads (likely from the Pilates exercises I’ve been doing)
- I’d like to see some lower numbers on the scales when I go to the doctor again in April. I’m eating healthier and exercising, and it’s going to be disheartening if I don’t lose at least a pound or two.
- Continue stash busting. I still have a fucking tonne of yarn that doesn’t have any specific purpose. It doesn’t help that I’ve added yarn to the stash, even though I have specific projects in mind for it.
- Make a wish list of things I want the boss to hunt down for me. I’ve got some specific canning projects in mind, and I’m going to need things we can’t grow or can’t produce enough of at this stage of our development as a community
- Purge things we don’t want, need, or use. I really don’t want to move a bunch of shit when we move into the house.
- Archery. It seems we might be having an early spring. I would like to get outside with Sunshine and shoot some shit with bow & arrow. Archery is also a sport, so it counts as exercise, right?
- Start learning some seriously eco-friendly ways to clean stuffs and things. House cleaning, hygiene, all of it. We’re looking into two-stage composting and incinerating septic systems; our grey water will be a separate system and I want to reduce the environmental impact of our cleanliness routines.
- Start planting seeds. I bought eco-friendly starter pots so I can plant things now and transplant the sprouts when the time comes
- Get the community’s input on fruit and nut trees to try and grow.
- Get a nutcracker for hard shelled nuts. We have hickory trees, those nuts are good and they’re good for you. Since I seem to be the one responsible for preserving all non-meat foods, I need an easier way to do it than making a mess with a hammer.
It’s an ambitious list, and it doesn’t even start to touch on all of the little projects I have in mind for the house. I refuse to plan any projects for the house, as things have seemingly stalled out while we put together the next chunk of cash to bankroll the next phase.
Now, I’m off to enjoy Sunshine’s company while I can, since he heads out of town again this afternoon.