I was looking for some particular decorative tiles today. I got to thinking that maybe I had put them in one of the basement storage compartments of the magic bus, so I waded through the muck from last night’s rain and…
Well, let’s just say I surprised myself. I had finished craft projects in there THAT I FUCKING FORGOT I HAD MADE!
I’ve retrieved those finished objects. They will go to work with me as soon as the boss gets finished expanding the shop, on consignment.
But here’s the thing: what the fuck else is under there that I forgot we owned? And if I forgot we owned it, do we really need it? I’m so sick of the tetris games and musical coffee pot and “have you seen my ______________?” that I could scream.
I’m hoping that any other treasures hidden under the bus make more sense than what I encountered today:
- The yarn hat Christmas ornaments I fucking forgot I had made
- A ziploc bag of sage and fuck knows what else
- 2 bankers boxes full of receipts and shit from Sunshine’s business
- A giant space saver bag full of sanded chunks of cedar
- A giant Ziploc bag filled with cross sections of large cardboard tubes
- Some really scratchy rug yarn
- A trash bag full of mesh bags I crocheted, filled with yarn scraps, to hang next to Bird feeders, so the birds can use yarn in their nests (and that I FUCKING FORGOT I HAD MADE)
- A pile of collapsed duffle bags stuffed into a suitcase, including the giant white crochet one that I FUCKING FORGOT I HAD MADE
I found all of that stuff without investigating beyond the opening. I have no idea what might be buried in the center of the basement. I either need to develop a method to the madness or just burn it all and start fresh.