I’ve managed to both feel disgustingly productive AND get some rest this week. I’ve tackled multiple projects from the comfort of my corner of the couch.
- I’ve made two hats out of the secret Santa yarn, although I still haven’t made one for myself.
- The Christmas decorations are packed away and I’ve bought next year’s wrapping paper. After Christmas clearance is the best time to buy Christmas cards, wrapping paper, ornaments, and etcetera so I did just that. 😁
- I have done my 1st workout with my tai-chi DVD. It was brief, because I realized I was going to have to write programs in my brain and create muscle memory in order to not get frustrated that I was struggling to actually do the forms
- Season 2 of “Travelers” has been binge watched, as has the rest of the available seasons of “Fear the Walking Dead”
I’ve also managed to deal with a backlog of things on my “want to do” list.
- I canned some more hot sauce using the recipe The Ecofeminist pointed me to
- I got caught up on laundry. For now, at least, since I’m sure Sunshine will be coming home thus weekend with a literal metric fucktonne of dirty work clothes that have to be washed and dried right fucking now because they’ll be going back out of town with him Sunday evening.
- I cleaned out my truck somewhat, but have yet to work up the nerve to go dig that rotty cantaloupe out of the bed. I’m very afraid of it.
- I’ve culled a few garments I know I won’t wear, and moved a few more to my holding zone to see if I miss them or can donate them.
- I also bought new (to me) pants.
- I gathered hickory nuts from the backyard. It’s free food, and nuts are good for the health goals my doctor has encouraged me to strive for.
- I started clearing out my future kitchen. The guy who’s building our custom cabinets is scheduled to come this weekend, so I have to make room to move appliances into place. I also had to clear the floor so we could map out the footprint and take measurements and all that shit.
- We made a list of things for Rude Ass to do and got him moving forward on those projects. We even made a plan to get it warm in the house, since Rude Ass said it can’t be cold in there for the application of the top coat for my reclaimed wood walls.
- I obtained a pair of giant square pillows to stuff inside the pillow covers I’ve asked Tia to make for me. I got a killer deal on them at this little local place Mr B turned me on to
All in all, it’s been a more productive month than I expected, and we’re not even halfway through yet.
I’ve surprised myself at my ability to continue making decisions about…. Well, everything. Without running into decision fatigue. Hopefully, that continues throughout this weekend and my consult with the cabinet guy. Thank heaven, the cabinet guy is also a dear friend. He won’t get frustrated with me if I do stall out mid-decision, and he is someone I trust enough to listen to when I get indecisive.
Now, I’m off to get dressed and get some shit accomplished before I have to work tomorrow. Hope you wonderful people have a beautiful day!