Thank you, Nusrath Sariffo’deen (Diary of a Muslim Girl) for nominating me for the blue sky tag. I shall now attempt to answer your questions so that the world can get to know me better the way I got to know you a little better reading your questions and answers.
- Describe yourself in one word: Recovering. I am a recovering addict. I am also treating depression and anxiety. So recovering is the word I think describes me.
- Coke or Pepsi? Neither, but if I have to choose one, then Coke. The Mexican Coke, made with actual sugar and not that high-fructose-muckity-muck
- Desk: messy or organized? I prefer organized, but I often let it get messy when I don’t have time to do all the things I think I want to do. I can’t stand clutter.
- Pet Ownership: which is better, dog or cat? Depends on what we’re talking about. Cats are better for rodent control, and they require less attention. However, my little doggie Mollie is the best for reminding me to stay in the moment, love with my whole heart, and play like it’s the most joyful thing ever
- Things to do: which is better, sing or dance? That’s another hard one, since I do neither well LOL. I guess sing, since it is less taxing on my COPD lungs
- Are you always early or terminally late? Early. Always.
- What is your favorite book you read as a child? Um, probably the nursery rhyme book we had in the living room. There was one little rhyme about a purple cow that I loved. “I never saw a purple cow/I never hope to be one/but if there were a purple cow/I’d rather see than be one”
- What is your all-time favorite joke? “What’s grosser than gross? Eating a rump roast and it farts!” (sorry, inside I’m really just a 12 year old boy or something, farts are funny)
- Who is the funniest person you know? Hands down, Sunshine. That man can make me laugh until my abdominal muscles hurt and my lungs feel like they’re going to deflate explosively
- What is your favorite word? Probably motherfucker. I actually had a drug-court treatment plan, signed by a judge, that read “I will not use the word motherfucker in any variation in group therapy sessions for two weeks”. (The judge read it, raised an eyebrow, looked at my counselor; she replied “Your honor, I assure you that it’s necessary” and he signed it. And yes, that is the entirety of the treatment plan for that two week period.)
- What is your least favorite word? apathy. I hate the word, I hate what it means, I hate that it manifested itself in my life for the last few years. Hence the depression and anxiety treatments that led me to choose “recovery” as my one word description.
final note: I can’t think of 11 people to nominate right now, I’m so busy trying to get laundry and food preservation caught up that I almost forgot I had been selected for this challenge. Again, thank you to Nusrath for tagging me!